Block of wood removed from the White House during its restoration in 1927, measuring 4 x 2.25 x 2.25, bearing a cardstock tag on the top by the National Lumber Manufacturers Association (NLMA), reading: "Section of timber removed from the White House after 112 years of service. For 112 years, during the residence of 26 Presidents of the United States, this fine piece of pine lumber helped support the roof of the Executive Mansion." Includes the rare original cardboard shipping box and "White House Timber" souvenir pamphlet from the NLMA. The White House wood is in fine condition; the original box is in very good to fine condition, with some staining and tears to cover; and the pamphlet is in very good, fragile condition, with paper loss along the horizontal folds. While the relics from the 1950 White House renovation were marketed and sold to the public on a retail basis, the official relics from the 1927 renovation were distributed by NLMA as promotional items and are much less common.
Terms and abbreviations used in our descriptions.